Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Snyder Chamber Banquet

The Snyder Chamber of Commerce Banquet was November 6. I had the honor of being the designated photographer for the event.

For those of you who were there, you got to listen to the amazing humor of Dr. Swanburg. I laughed the entire time I was shooting. What an honor to have him in Snyder.
The Chamber honored many local businesses. One of those businesses was Big Country Autoland owned by Bill and Nancy Wilson. Many years ago I worked for Mr. Wilson, Bill's dad, who passed away earlier this year. I had a lot of respect for that man. He was stern but fair. I liked him but feared him greatly.


Another of those honored at the Banquet was Cloyce and Anita Talbot. No one can argue that what this family has done for Snyder is honorable. Thank you both.


And Joe Taylor recieved the Farmer of the Year award. He is a hard worker and deserving of this award.



The Reed Family owners of Southern Electric recieved the Business of the Year Award. Mr. Reed's two son's were there also but I liked this one of him. Thank you Reed's for your contribution to Snyder and Scurry County.




And then there is Kent Wright. A child in a man's body. You Go Kent!


Terry Martin. I worked for City Hall about 9 years ago right as Terry was coming into the City Council. I can still remember not knowing which one he was for sure, but his hard to answer questions were legandary from the getgo. I loved it. Too many people go onto boards thinking they are going to revolutionize the world only to find that they are trying to decide which bid for sewer pipe is the best one. But if I remember right he even had hard to answer questions about that. But as Mrs. Allen Noah said at the banquet he is only trying to do what is best by the citizens of Snyder.




Thank you Chamber for inviting me and thank you hardworking Scurry County residents for doing what you do.









About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Carol! Browse through my blog and my website. If you like what you see call me and let's set up a time to take your picture.

Carol McCowen Photography

Welcome to my blog!
Browse through the pictures. You will notice that alot of them are personal. It just helps you to get to know me. Now all we lack is me getting to know you.
One thing that can help me know you is for you to call me at 325.573.5238 at the house
325.575.3696 on my cell
You can also email me at mccowenfarms@wtconnect.com
or go on to my website and contact me there.
Looking forward to it!

Blog Archive