Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Escapees

Thirty two Calvary Baptist Ladies went on a retreat this past weekend. The retreat which we called an Escape was held at The Miller Ranch Retreat in Lawn Tx east of Abilene.




The weather was perfect, the trees had turned and the ladies were exceptional.

As one of the escapees put it, noone fussed or cried! That is the way it should be!

The food was excellent and one of the greatest things about the Escape was that we didn't have a structured agenda. Most of the ladies who participated in the Escape are workers in the church and simply needed a break from responsibility and expectation.


All that was really expected of anyone was 'have a good time.'


As you can see from these pictures the Miller Ranch Retreat is a beautiful facility and the ladies who attended to us were so accommadating! The food was wonderful as well.


I doubt seriously that anyone rested. I know that I did not, having slept only between 6am and 7am!






And amazingly enough these ladies were cooperative when it came time to indulge me! I asked that each one of them pose for a picture as well as this great group picture!

They had to take my picture, which I am not accustomed to. The shoe was on the other foot for once, it didn't fit too well. I like taking the pictures better than having the pictures taken!

The beautiful Escapees are:
Lucinda Dollins, Kem Nolan, and Katherine Tanner
Nancy Steelman

Shastade Hill

LeDawn Liles

Kristi Bohannon

Sarah Jamison

Margie Hill
Margie and her daughter Danielle Digby


Catalina Jones

Kem Nolan

Sharon Drew and daughter Sarah Jamison

Joanna Browning

Shelly Fisk and mom, Laura Fisk



Melissa Warren

Delinda Brown

Delinda and daughter Melissa Newby


Molly Earnest

Brooke Mackey

Angie Davis

Janelle McAden

Terri Williams
Katherine Tanner

Lucinda Dollins and daughter Katherine


Cassie Burton

Debbie Vaughn

Debbie and daughter Angela Steelman


Rhonda May

Stephanie Highfield

Lindsey Campbell

Gale Northcott and daughter Lindsey


Vered McHaney

The fun insued. These ladies laugh until they cried but I saw no tears of sadness or condemnation. It was refreshing and fun.


Friendships were formed and strenthened...
Blackmail information gained....

Common ground indentified...

This was one of the most enjoyable weekends I have ever experienced and I am so thankful to be part of a church family like this one with ladies with this much strength and dignity.
Thank you ladies for letting me tell my part of your weekend and for letting me shoot you!

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Carol! Browse through my blog and my website. If you like what you see call me and let's set up a time to take your picture.

Carol McCowen Photography

Welcome to my blog!
Browse through the pictures. You will notice that alot of them are personal. It just helps you to get to know me. Now all we lack is me getting to know you.
One thing that can help me know you is for you to call me at 325.573.5238 at the house
325.575.3696 on my cell
You can also email me at mccowenfarms@wtconnect.com
or go on to my website and contact me there.
Looking forward to it!

Blog Archive