Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fusion Softball brings Jennie Finch to Snyder

































Normally I don't fly through edits but this job was cooler than cool.  The girls of Fusion Softball here in Snyder worked for almost a year to bring Jennie Finch, Olympic Gold and Silver Medalist to little bitty ole Snyder.  These girls WORKED to raise the money and the attention to get her here.  This was no small feat.  And what an honor for these kids to get up close and personal with a young woman who lives an exemplary lifestyle in the public eye, who has a faith in her Creator and a willingness to share her talents and beliefs with those willing to listen.
The weekend began with Fusion holding an intimate lunch with Jennie on the patio at Big Apple Deli.  They chatted, took pictures and got autographs from her.  They learned about her life in softball her husband and her little boy, Ace, age 4.  And they were greeted by a gracious beautiful young woman in Jennie.
Then that evening there was a banquet, which was open to other teams wherein Jennie spoke openly about her career, motivations and experiences.  A impromptu question and answer session even revealed how Jennie REALLY feels about UMPIRES!  (Her response was "Control the Controllables" and it was implied that Umpires CANNOT be controlled!
Sunday morning brought CHURCH IN THE DIRT where Reid Johnson of Colonial Hill Baptist Church spoke with Jennie about her faith in God and how he has directed her paths.
Then the cherry on top of it all was a pitching demonstration with her gutsy in excess of 70 mile per hour pitch into the capable mit of Snyder's own Amanda Parson, who catches for Lubbock Christian University.
Thank you Fusion for your hard work and for sharing this talented young woman with Snyder!

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Carol! Browse through my blog and my website. If you like what you see call me and let's set up a time to take your picture.

Carol McCowen Photography

Welcome to my blog!
Browse through the pictures. You will notice that alot of them are personal. It just helps you to get to know me. Now all we lack is me getting to know you.
One thing that can help me know you is for you to call me at 325.573.5238 at the house
325.575.3696 on my cell
You can also email me at mccowenfarms@wtconnect.com
or go on to my website and contact me there.
Looking forward to it!

Blog Archive