Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Snyder High School Hall of Fame

I had never had the opportunity to attend the induction of Hall of Famers for Snyder but what a thrill this must be for the honorees. My select inductee was Leslie Brown who was certainly a hometown hero for Snyder.

He did everything he possibly could for the sports programs in Snyder ending with his graduation in 1965. Baseball, football, basketball. If it ended in 'ball' he did it! And then he continued to do it all through his adult career as well, coaching all across the state of Texas.

He was inducted by Bob O'Day.

And certainly he was among some of Snyder's best. This is Mr. Brown with the other inductees.
What would a day like this be without your old teammates? These men certainly went on to their own personal successes, but knowing that the glory days helped to form the men they would become.
I have a feeling they could tell some stories!
Jerry Vestal was on hand to celebrate with his teammate too.
The current Snyder football head coach stops to congratulate Mr. Brown as well.


It just goes to show you kids. You never know when EXCELLENCE will catch up to you. It may be a little slower in making its rounds but Snyder won't let it go unnoticed. So keep yourselves to the task, it WILL payoff!

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Carol! Browse through my blog and my website. If you like what you see call me and let's set up a time to take your picture.

Carol McCowen Photography

Welcome to my blog!
Browse through the pictures. You will notice that alot of them are personal. It just helps you to get to know me. Now all we lack is me getting to know you.
One thing that can help me know you is for you to call me at 325.573.5238 at the house
325.575.3696 on my cell
You can also email me at mccowenfarms@wtconnect.com
or go on to my website and contact me there.
Looking forward to it!

Blog Archive