Thursday, April 9, 2009

Snyder National Bank

Community Bank of Snyder, formerly known as Snyder National Bank requested that I attempt to restore a photo they found in their archives. In attempting to determining how old this photo was Shawn, myself and Max Von Roeder decided that this was probably taken in the early 1960's. We are basing that partially on three vehicles that are in the extreme left hand middle ground of the picture. One vehicle appears to be in a 60 model and two others 50's models.
And the fact that 25th Street infront of the building is still brick shows age as well. In extreme enlargement of the image I can see a gas station just north and west of the bank with two pumps and I can see what appears to be a two on the price sign in front, suggesting that the gas was 20 something cents per gallon. Those were they days folks.
I wonder if the wind was blowing.....
Anyone care to chance a guess?

This is the image before any restoration attempts:



And after restoration:

I normally do not do restoration, but since I bank with these very nice people, I decided PR required cooperation....

Thank you Snyder National AKA Community Bank for YOUR business!

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Carol! Browse through my blog and my website. If you like what you see call me and let's set up a time to take your picture.

Carol McCowen Photography

Welcome to my blog!
Browse through the pictures. You will notice that alot of them are personal. It just helps you to get to know me. Now all we lack is me getting to know you.
One thing that can help me know you is for you to call me at 325.573.5238 at the house
325.575.3696 on my cell
You can also email me at mccowenfarms@wtconnect.com
or go on to my website and contact me there.
Looking forward to it!

Blog Archive