Thursday, May 10, 2012

Billy Wayne Harris Thunderbird









Beautiful car and a beautiful man.
He is 75 years old but acts 40. Well, more responsible than 40, but acts young.  He drove me around on some back roads behind WTC and would rev that beautiful car up and drive fast but never illegal.  He said he didn't want to hurt it.
On the way back to my car he was telling me stories.  He said he saw this car and just like Xan (his wife) he HAD to have her.  
But he hesitated for just a moment and said "I don't deserve this car". 
"Why not? Why would you say that?"
Silence... "I don't know... Ever had anything you just never really felt you deserved?"
"I don't feel I deserve much of what I have". 
For that moment Billy Wayne Harris and I stood on even ground. Though separated by 30 years and numerous life experiences we were absolute equals.
I figure we all have things we don't deserve. It's a pleasure God grants us because we are his kids. Not so that we can over indulge or become arrogant or prove something to a world that doesn't care... but just so God can look down and say "he sure does enjoy that".

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Carol! Browse through my blog and my website. If you like what you see call me and let's set up a time to take your picture.

Carol McCowen Photography

Welcome to my blog!
Browse through the pictures. You will notice that alot of them are personal. It just helps you to get to know me. Now all we lack is me getting to know you.
One thing that can help me know you is for you to call me at 325.573.5238 at the house
325.575.3696 on my cell
You can also email me at mccowenfarms@wtconnect.com
or go on to my website and contact me there.
Looking forward to it!

Blog Archive