Friday, July 10, 2009

A Rare Opportunity

Not too often does it rain enough to fill the terraces with water like it has lately.
Being from the country my kids think that it is their God given right to indulge in this opportunity. You can see the results of their mayhem:

Kids from the country understand this odd practise, kids from town dream of it and parents neither understand nor dream of this regardless of where they are from. Only a few have vague remembrances of such.

The dog TOTALLY gets it!
But she also saw the girls drowning millipeds and knows to keep her distance!
I don't know what Emily's screwed up face here is about. It was either, "I don't want to get out." or "I just saw me."

Raven seems rather proud of her time spent in the waller.

Blair also shows no remorse.

I don't think that we have to worry about Shawn buying any four wheel drive pickups for these three. They like watching mud fly WAY too much.
Now for the funniest part of this:
Our neighbors. Everytime the girls waller in the mud we have who knows how many neighbors drive by and days and weeks later we have comments from them about seeing the kids in the mud. Mostly the comments are limited to laughter, some note how long it has been since they have seen kids play in mud (since they themselves were youngsters), others marvel that I would allow such nonsence.
One comment had us rolling. Dr. Dunham has land by us and checks his cows in the evenings. He drove by in time to see this business going on and told Shawn that he truly thought we had wild pigs in the terrace channels wallering in the mud! I am glad he didn't start shooting! And in a way I think he was right, there were pigs in the terrace channels!

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Carol! Browse through my blog and my website. If you like what you see call me and let's set up a time to take your picture.

Carol McCowen Photography

Welcome to my blog!
Browse through the pictures. You will notice that alot of them are personal. It just helps you to get to know me. Now all we lack is me getting to know you.
One thing that can help me know you is for you to call me at 325.573.5238 at the house
325.575.3696 on my cell
You can also email me at mccowenfarms@wtconnect.com
or go on to my website and contact me there.
Looking forward to it!

Blog Archive