Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our fun trip to Greenwood (& my 100th blog)

We had a neat opportunity to go visit friends in Greenwood a couple of weeks ago.
We started our time with the Hollingsworths with a ball game that Blair got to play in Big Spring.

Then, on to Greenwood. They have strange customs there. After what I would have thought was bedtime for these kids we all got on the golfcart and went 'chalking'. It is a benign form of youth vandalism. Armed with only flashlights and sidewalk chalk they write various comments on one anothers drive ways, anonymously of course. Then they spend a couple of days trying to figure out who 'got'em'! Rhonda, being Rhonda, requires that the kids in her little band of vandals write only polite things.

Since it has been too long since we had seen the Hollingsworths we were all amazed at how big Taylor has gotten. Tall. Cute. And very very nice. I am not sure he would be pleased with that appraisal of his character, boys being what they are, but he is really a good guy.


What we didn't expect, to go along with her busy night life of vandalism, was for Rhonda to have begun operating her own kiddy tat palor in addition to her lucrative Gold Candle business.
Since every other kid in Greenwood is named Taylor, our Taylor is called 'H' and so his tat was his 'name'.
Even my kids got into this new form of degradation.


After an all nighter we got up and took to the ice at the Odessa mall. Rhonda and Ragan spent a little more time on ice than anyone else.

And I couldn't believe that Allie is about to be a first grader. It just doesn't seem possible.

The whole gang: Taylor 14, Blair 13, Ragan 11, Emily 9, Raven 9, & Allie 6

I pray that these kids will stay friends in the years to come. Finding one another after long (too long) absences is such a treat for them.

Believe it or not Allie recovered from this and DID NOT fall!

Then Taylor played in HIS basketball game.

Then tennis.

We had so much fun with Rhonda and the kids. Two all nighters, basketball, ice skating, vandalism, tattoes, great hamburgers (thank you Kyle). We just had too much fun with you guys. It was a couple of days we will remember for a long time.

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Carol! Browse through my blog and my website. If you like what you see call me and let's set up a time to take your picture.

Carol McCowen Photography

Welcome to my blog!
Browse through the pictures. You will notice that alot of them are personal. It just helps you to get to know me. Now all we lack is me getting to know you.
One thing that can help me know you is for you to call me at 325.573.5238 at the house
325.575.3696 on my cell
You can also email me at mccowenfarms@wtconnect.com
or go on to my website and contact me there.
Looking forward to it!

Blog Archive