Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First Responder of a Different Kind

We are pretty quick to reward our First Responders in our community with plaques and meals and thanks but we have another First Responder in our midst that goes without thanks but makes just as many night runs to hospitals, Lubbock, funeral homes, and yes jail to visit those whose decisions have finally caught up with them.  They do their work in a hale of gunfire of a different type which is sometimes harsh words, judgements, and our frustrations boiling out onto them and their loved ones.
But in a world of disposable people we have four men who have stood the test of time in Scurry County.
These four men share a combined 134 years of ministry to the Snyder area.
These men are:  Pastor Larry McAden, who began serving at Calvary Baptist in 1979 to present (32 years)
Pastor Danny Williams, Lighthouse Assembly of God, from 1975 to present (36 years)
Pastor Miller Robinson, Colonial Hill Baptist, from 1964 to 1996 (32 years)
Pastor Raymond Dunkins, of New Hope Baptist, from 1977 to present (34 years)
Thank you Larry, Danny, Miller and Raymond for your dedication to The Lord and to us in your community.

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Carol! Browse through my blog and my website. If you like what you see call me and let's set up a time to take your picture.

Carol McCowen Photography

Welcome to my blog!
Browse through the pictures. You will notice that alot of them are personal. It just helps you to get to know me. Now all we lack is me getting to know you.
One thing that can help me know you is for you to call me at 325.573.5238 at the house
325.575.3696 on my cell
You can also email me at mccowenfarms@wtconnect.com
or go on to my website and contact me there.
Looking forward to it!

Blog Archive