Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Moment in Time

Do you recognize this little farm rat? Most people would not post something like this picture to the www but I have a reason. Yes, this is me. Carol Hill at the time. Approximately 7 or 8 years of age. If I remember correctly I was in Winters Texas at my grandparents farm out near Crews and I am on a John Deere combine. This picture was taken by my Uncle Bob who is my dads oldest brother. I remember this moment as if it were yesterday. I can hear the sheep in the pasture, the orphans in the barn calling for their mothers, the cattle are vivid in my mind. The kitchen in the house, the smell of pipe tobacco and a lighter my granddad used the clank that was familiar to him closing it after he had lit the pipe. There were alot of people there, some were probably missing but if Bob was in the area, usually everybody showed up on the weekend together. It was fun.
This moment in time is my inspiration for photography. My uncle took this picture with what my mind remembers to be a 35mm SLR, maybe a Nikon. I can remember him holding it and taking my picture plus one of my sister, Angie. I still have the picture and the inspiration. I didn't know what sort of thing he held in his hand because it was so different than the one my dad used (possibly a Kodak 110) but it looked so cool to me. I wanted one. And I thought the picture of me was really good! Yes I was vain then too!
Now, all these years later I am in correspondence with my Uncle regarding cameras, trying to convince him that he needs to invest in another SLR rather than a point and shoot! I would have thought he would know this by now!?!?!?
But, thanks Bob for this memory. It is a sweet one and I appreciate you taking the time to take my picture.
Love, Carol

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Carol! Browse through my blog and my website. If you like what you see call me and let's set up a time to take your picture.

Carol McCowen Photography

Welcome to my blog!
Browse through the pictures. You will notice that alot of them are personal. It just helps you to get to know me. Now all we lack is me getting to know you.
One thing that can help me know you is for you to call me at 325.573.5238 at the house
325.575.3696 on my cell
You can also email me at mccowenfarms@wtconnect.com
or go on to my website and contact me there.
Looking forward to it!

Blog Archive