Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tarpin' Crew

Weekends at our house are anything but relaxing. During stripping season we are busy right behind the module builder tarping the modules so that the wind doesn't blow the cotton off.

Occasionally we catch up to what the builder has accomplished and the kids get bored. They decorated the pickup so that there were no misunderstandings about what we were doing:
This says "Tarpin' Crew" .... "Don't call us" ...
On Shawn's pickup they wrote: "will strip for $" !

We started this weekend on the gin yard:



Raven decided that she didn't have a complex enough job and it made her mad.
I assured her that her job was as complex as any 9 year could handle and just because that meant occassionally being a paper weight, she still got the same pay as the kids who were doing other jobs.



Once she was on the ladder and pulling she was in a much better humor


Blair's boyfriend, Rowdy was nice enough to come with us.
The perspective in this image is odd. Blair and Rowdy look huge and Emily down on the ground looks tiny. Sorry about that, that is a disadvantage of the lens I was using.


Shawn took Rowdy for a ride in the stripper.


And then the wind got up. Tarping is never tarping unless you have a howling wind. Sunday was no exception. Really, this makes this task incredibly dangerous, but the kids are learning that when you feel the wind pulling too hard on the tarp and you are heading to the edge, LET GO! We can gather that thing up later, but a 10 foot drop is more than you want to attempt with your tiny body.



Crew Chief Carol


Did anyone else notice the beautiful sky Sunday afternoon. My camera captured it beautifully.

The 10 foot drop doesn't bother Rowdy. He voluntarily made the fall.

Thank you Rowdy for your help and thank you Rene (Rowdy's mom) for not invoking Child Labor Laws here on the farm!

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Carol! Browse through my blog and my website. If you like what you see call me and let's set up a time to take your picture.

Carol McCowen Photography

Welcome to my blog!
Browse through the pictures. You will notice that alot of them are personal. It just helps you to get to know me. Now all we lack is me getting to know you.
One thing that can help me know you is for you to call me at 325.573.5238 at the house
325.575.3696 on my cell
You can also email me at mccowenfarms@wtconnect.com
or go on to my website and contact me there.
Looking forward to it!

Blog Archive