Friday, December 24, 2010

If....

What if there was no Christmas?
That is what my Daily Devotional asked this morning. (Streams in the Dessert)
It is actually tomorrows devotion but I cheated and read one day ahead.  But it made me think.  Where would I be if there were no Christmas?  I am not talking about no Holy-Day when stores (are supposed to)close, when we buy more than we can pay for, when we eat more than we could ever work off...what if there was no Christmas...as in no New Testament? 
What if the bible ended with the book of Malachi?
What if when a loved one died there was no hope of reunion?
What if I had no Holy Spirit to help me pray through Jesus to God? 
What if the mistakes I have made, am making and will make were punishable to the fullest extent of the Law, the Law of one who is so completely right that I can't ever be compared to Him?
That last thought could have certainly been a good reason to have destroyed myself a long time ago.
2010 has been a tough year for a lot of people without a doubt.  I don't think for a moment that God just wanted to watch anyone squirm (although I have had that thought) but as time moves on it becomes more and more apparent that His one desire is to work out of us those things that stand between us and Him.
I know that God has something in store for me (and you) there is no doubt about that.  I would love to tell you that I am throwing off my shackles and running to the battle but I'm not.  I am peeling of the shackles and following HIM into whatever He leads me to (I hope).  The problem isn't that I don't trust God, the problem is that I don't trust ME!
There will come a day when He will be so much a part of me that I don't know where I end and He starts but until that day I will rest knowing that WILL come.
This has been a crazy year and I don't know what tomorrow holds but I do know WHO holds tomorrow.
I thank God there is Christmas, that there is a New Testament, a hope of Salvation, a joy indescribable, and a peace that passes understanding.
Sadly for someone out there, there isn't a Christmas because they don't know Jesus, my prayer is that you will seek Him out, He's worth it!
Without Christmas I am nothing.

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Carol! Browse through my blog and my website. If you like what you see call me and let's set up a time to take your picture.

Carol McCowen Photography

Welcome to my blog!
Browse through the pictures. You will notice that alot of them are personal. It just helps you to get to know me. Now all we lack is me getting to know you.
One thing that can help me know you is for you to call me at 325.573.5238 at the house
325.575.3696 on my cell
You can also email me at mccowenfarms@wtconnect.com
or go on to my website and contact me there.
Looking forward to it!

Blog Archive