Monday, June 29, 2009

Flying Lessons

This little ScissorTail is a new resident in our tree in the backyard. His mother was trying to teach him to fly when he was intercepted by our dog who seemed pretty intent on making his first flying lesson his last. The girls took extra special care of him, putting him back into the tree several times before he was successful and able to get back into it himself.

At first he really fought them but after a while he settled down and allowed them to handle him as they needed to.

This is mom and a sibling:
Emily was very brave and crawled way up into the tree and attempt to deliver the little one to his mom.
Instead of getting all the way to the nest she put him into a crook and let him recover from what I am almost sure he was considering a bad day.

It was fun watching the girls being so sensitive to the vulnerable situation of this tiny little bird. They treated him with such respect and so tenderly.

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Carol! Browse through my blog and my website. If you like what you see call me and let's set up a time to take your picture.

Carol McCowen Photography

Welcome to my blog!
Browse through the pictures. You will notice that alot of them are personal. It just helps you to get to know me. Now all we lack is me getting to know you.
One thing that can help me know you is for you to call me at 325.573.5238 at the house
325.575.3696 on my cell
You can also email me at mccowenfarms@wtconnect.com
or go on to my website and contact me there.
Looking forward to it!

Blog Archive